Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful


Traditional Thanksgiving Hymn
(A translation by Theodore Baker: 1851-1934)

We Gather Together
We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;
He chastens and hastens his will to make known;
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing,
Sing praises to his name:
He forgets not his own.
Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
Ordaining, maintaining his kingdom divine;
So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
Thou, Lord, wast at our side,
All glory be thine!
We all do extol thee, thou leader triumphant,
And pray that thou still our defender wilt be.
Let thy congregation escape tribulation;
Thy name be ever praised!
O Lord, make us free!
Amen

I wish all of my blogger friends a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope that you all are basking in the glow of family and friendship. Thanks to each of you for making me feel welcome.
Hugs,
Sweetie

10 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you Sweetie for your post. Hope you have all your family gathered around you today too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Chris

Bo said...

Lovely Thanksgiving hymn, Sweetie!
Hugs & love, Bo

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Sweetie, I just realized it was just a year since Sherry Jo was taken from you. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank-you for the award it was very sweet of you. You're a doll!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Terrie

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello,
I hope you are enjoying your family today.
I posted the award. Thank you my friend.
Mama Bear

Nancy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family. We sang that song in church last week, it is a great song.
I got a call from Mitch from Iraq today. That was such a nice surprise.
Love Nancy

Happy To Be said...

Sweetie you and your family are in my prayers this Thanksgiving..bless you dear friend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Heidi said...

Wishing you and your family a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful I 'met' you this year. I love that hymn.

Hugs ~
Heidi

ceekay said...

Thinking of you and your family at this time. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving together.

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

I love that hymn! Thanks for sharing it!
I hope you had a very wonderful Thanksgiving day!
hugs♥

Valerie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.