Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bloomin' Tuesday

Happy Bloomin' Tuesday




Banana Trees

This is my daughter's (Sheila's) banana tree(s). This is the third year that she's had it and there are actually tiny bunches of bananas on it. Sheila lives right across from me and the banana trees are real conversation pieces in our neighborhood and in our small town.


Marigolds

My marigolds are getting prettier each day.


Pampas GrassThis is my neighbor's pampas grass. I planted four plants and they died. I don't know where my mind was but I sprayed grass and weeder killer near the area where the pampas grass was planted - I guess that I forgot that it was grass. I'll try again next year.


Impatience AgainI post impatience often because I have so many pots of them. I think that impatience are not only beautiful but also low maintenance plants.


The Flag



I've been so busy packing and preparing for our brief trip that I didn't change flags this week. This is my neighbor, Jean's, flag. I think that it speaks of summer.


Have a wonderful Bloomin' Tuesday!


Please be sure to visit Jean at http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/!


4 comments:

Bo said...

Have a safe & fun trip!
;-) Brown-Eyes (aka Bo)

Anonymous said...

Hi there Sweetie! I love your Daughter's Banana Tree! My oh my it is lovely! Oh and the marigolds are stunning!

Have a wonderful day! Dont forget to pick up your award on my blog! :) You dont have to follow the rules... just know I am thinking about you!

xoxoxo
Donna

nikkicrumpet said...

OH I'm so jealous of your daughters banana trees! They are so beautiful...but I'm thinking they wouldn't be to pretty here in New England lol

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Sweetie, somehow I missed visiting you on Blooming Tuesday!
My Mom use to have a Banana Tree in their yard, they use to make me cut on the shoots coming up in the grass and I swore I would never get one! LOL
Your impatiences are pretty and so are your marigolds. They look so heathly. Have a great trip!
Love, Ann