Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Fun Morning

The Sharrar House (The Oldest House in Town)



.

Our Historical Society is preparing for its annual auction. My granddaughter, Brooke, and I spent this morning at the Price House which is located next to the Sharrar House (pictured above) tagging items for the auction. I saw several things that I hope to bid on. I took photos of one of the upstairs rooms at the Price House. I love visiting the Historical Society properties. It is like going back in time. At one of our visits, I showed Brooke an antique cook stove and a handcranked washing machine. Brooke told her "Pap" that she saw an antique microwave. It's a different world today!!!


6 comments:

Linda said...

Good morning Sweetie, thank you for the visit and my birthday wishes.

You have a lovely blog. I've enjoyed reading several of your earlier posts. Happy wishes to Amber, her birthday dessert sounds so delicious and I love your family Sunday...family means eveything.

I really don't known how to express what I'm feeling when I read about Sherry Jo...I do know my heart hurts for you. May you find comfort and peace and know that others are thinking of you.

I enjoyed visiting Sharra House...and good luck at the Price House auction....I hope you win a treasure. Hugs, Linda

JUST A MOM said...

HI I wanted to let you know I am so glad you commented and I am so sorry about your daughter I plan to catch up on your blog and take a look at who you are. hahhah I would LOVE to live near Amish country ok I ma off to read,, nice to meet you and I love your header., it is very inviting. Please come back again

JUST A MOM said...

ok I have red your blog form the begining and I will be checking in on you again have a great weekend.

Love Bears All Things said...

I noticed the ironing board. When Daddy died and we cleared out their things, I got Mother's. I had spoken for it years ago. Of course, her's always had a pad on it but it is still wooden. It is out in the garage. My plan is to stain it and hang it on the wall. I might put some hooks on it or something, haven't gotten that far with my thinking.
Mama Bear

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweetie!

It was so nice for you to come visit my blog and leave such a nice post about Pink Saturday! Thank you!

Love all your wonderful antiques!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Unknown said...

Thanks for stoping in and your sweet comment . You have a lovely family . I'm sorry for your loss . God be with you .
I have 6 children , 3 girls and 3 boys . Sherry our birthday girl is the oldest .
I think you Blog is very nice , Enjoyed reading it . I'll be back . Mary