Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Fun Day


My good friend, Elaine, invited me to drive with her to Houtzdale to visit her old friend and my new friend, Kathy. Kathy is a lovely woman that I met at Elaine's a few months ago. Kathy's husband passed away two years ago. They had lived in New Jersey and, upon retirement, returned to the home that had been his family's in Houtzdale. The home is a lovely old home that Kathy and her husband renovated. As of the census of 2000, there were 941 people, 380 households, and 275 families residing in the borough.

This is the table in the great room. We had a lovely lunch at this table.
This is Kathy's hutch. It is filled with beautiful dishes. The ducks on the top of the hutch were hand carved by Kathy's husband.

This is the lovely wood burner. Kathy informed us that her son-in-law is the expert at building fires in the wood burner.

This is one of the chairs that is in the sitting area of the great room.



This is another chair that is in the great room. It is a family heirloom.

This is a small lovely old sofa. I would call a settee. It is very cozy.
It was amazing. As I sat and looked out this window, it was as if a blizzard appeared out of no where. Kathy told me that she often sees deer when looking out of this window.
This is my old friend Elaine and my new friend Kathy. They are both wonderful ladies.
We had a wonderful day today. It was so good to get together with Elaine and Kathy. They are lovely ladies.

20 comments:

Bo said...

Hi Sweetie...Your new friend Kathy has a wonderful, cozy home. The duck collection her husband carved is amazing...I'm so glad you had a fun day with good friends. ;-) Bo

Nancy said...

what a beautiful home you visited. That must have been a great day for you and your friend and new friend.
You are so easy to meet and like.
Love Nancy

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely and comfortable home. I'm delighted you had such a nice visit.

Sharon said...

It is so nice that you got to visit such a beautiful home.
Glad that you had a wonderful time.
God bless

The Raggedy Girl said...

What a lovely homey home.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday
from Roberta Anne

Libby's Library said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful day. One of the highlights of my trip back to Florida, was a potluck with several of my very dear friends!

Carole Burant said...

I so love seeing how people decorate their homes and your new friend Kathy certainly does have a very beautiful home!! Isn't it wonderful being able to visit with friends like that, makes for a very happy day:-) xoxo

SmilingSally said...

How nice to make a new friend.

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like a fun day. I enjoyed the tour.
Mama Bear

Judy said...

You have two lovely friends and Elaine has a lovely home. Sounds like you all really enjoyed yourselves. Have a great Easter.

Hattie said...

Sweetie,
I have just found your blog. I am sure you are an inspiration to many. Having been thru so much, you have such a happy disposition.
Blessings,
Hattie From near Nashville TN

Jaime said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. By the smiles on their faces you all must have had a great conversation and visit. I hope you and your family have a very blessed weekend. Tell Kathy her home is just lovely. Jaime

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! Oh, I loved seeing your new friend's home! The table is set with some of my dishes! :) I just love olden homes and I'll bet this one has some stories!
Be a sweetie, Sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Carol Murdock said...

Happy Easter Sweetie and God Bless!
I'm glad you had a fun day with your old and new friends!
Carol

bj said...

So so glad you had such a lovely time with your friends...
xo bj

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I know having lunch with friends is so up lifting. It always is for me. Thank God for friends.

Helen said...

Dear Sweetie, I wish you the most joyous of Easters .....

Kathy said...

Hello Sweetie, your new friend Kathy has a lovely home and how wonderful to sit and see the deer outside the windows, both Kathy and Elaine look like wonderful ladies, glad you had such a beautiful day, wishing you a blessed Easter, Kathy.

Linda said...

What a nice day with friends. Your new friend Kathy, has a lovely home...I enjoyed my visit.
Sweetie, blessings to you and yours this Easter Sunday...hugs, Linda

Nishant said...

what a beautiful home you visited. That must have been a great day for you and your friend and new friend.
You are so easy to meet and like.
Love Nancy
Web hosting india